Mooqla Barbie

So I decided to colour a pair of my shoes to relieve my boredom and frustration!

Dress for Barbie

I've had these shoes for YEARS and I've worn them twice: yesterday and once to the races 3 years ago. I never really liked them in the first place but I needed emergency shoes to match a particular dress which the dry cleaner subsequently ruined. They're an awkward colour; they don't seem to go with anything in my wardrobe and because I'm so white they look a bit weird on me because they camouflage with my feet.

I'm OBSESSED with two-toned shoes (especially the brogues that the blonde Nazi woman wears in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade; I'll devote a whole blog entry to these one day). I also adore the whole Japanese design aesthetic of asymmetry and slight imperfection to signify that something's hand made. So I've made each shoe slightly different.

They are FABULOUS!

You'd can't even tell that they've been coloured in unless you look really really closely and see where I've accidentally gone out of the lines. I did about 3 coats, so there's no streaks or anything. So pleased with self!

I'd just finished reading childhood flames' blog entry where she coloured her Marni wedges with a Sharpie, when the power ran out. I had nothing to do and couldn't leave the bloody house because the gate wouldn't open without power and I was a millisecond away from cutting sick at this stupid electrician bloke who was laughing at me for unsuccessfully trying to open the gate with my remote control.

I've decided that my wardrobe is intensely boring and needs a serious overhaul. Alas, there is a ginormous spanner in the works due to the fact that I'm entirely destitute and my mum has confiscated my credit card due to the unfortunate fashion site incident.

My major issue with dressing is that I buy great individual garments with no particular idea about how they fit into the whole outfit. So either I have a shitload of great expensive things that I don't wear, or they just slip into bland-dom as I just chuck them on with jeans (which I cannot do anymore as they no longer fit! Argh!).

Things to do:
1) Acquire some cheap basics. Methinks this is going to involve venturing into the cesspit that is the S word (S-U-P-R-E... It's name must never be spoken).
2) Make some really cool, expensive looking pieces. I might even include a DIY tutorial, if you're lucky.

I've been drooling over Vanessa Bruno's new collection (every day for the last 2 weeks) for some inspiration...

I absolutely loathe sport. Especially cricket and football. I hate it so much that I went out with a guy for 3 years, primarily because he also hated sports. (My current boyfriend is tragically obsessed with lawn bowls... but that's another story entirely.)

Which is why it is all the more bizarre that for some reason I'm a massive fan of tennis! The Australian Open men's final was on last night and I'm pleased to say that Rafael Nadal's wedgie affliction seems to have eased up (well.. at least partially). He is still, however, having some massive issues with his shorts, which thoroughly distracted me from the match.